Here are our policy statements:
PPO’Connor acknowledges that our business has an impact on the environment; we are committed to managing and reducing this impact through the adoption of the following policy. This policy will be delivered through our ISO 14001 certified management system and requires us to:
- Comply with all legal and other requirements as a minimum standard
- Develop objectives, supported by targets, to manage potentially significant environmental aspects
- Consider environmental impacts at all stages within our business
- Continue to improve our environmental performance through effective communication, provision of staff training and adoption of best techniques available
- Prevent pollution incidents
- Reduce the amount of waste generated by our activities and the percentage that is sent to landfill and adopt systems for waste minimisation and recycling
- Be a respectable neighbour by minimising the impact that our activities, site and premises have on local communities
- Implement performance indicators to measure resource use, waste and carbon emissions to demonstrate environmental improvement
- Work in partnership with our employees, customers and supply chain to promote best practice
- Review the policy on an annual basis and communicate to all employees
- Ensure this policy is available to clients, our supply chain and to any other interested parties on request
It is the responsibility of all employees to work to this policy under their collective and individual responsibilities.
Signed: Peter O’Connor
Date: May 2014
In accordance with the duty under Section 2 (3) of the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974, and in fulfilling our obligations to our employees, visitors, contractors, neighbours and members of the public who may be affected by our activities, P P O’CONNOR have produced the following statement of policy in respect of health, safety and welfare concerns.
It is the policy of P P O’CONNOR to comply with the terms of Health & Safety at Work, etc. Act 1974 and with the safe working practices outlined in associated Health & Safety Regulations and Health & Safety Executive guidelines.
P P O’CONNOR’s aim, so far as is reasonably practicable, is to identify, remove where practicable or adequately control risk by conducting the following:
- The provision and maintenance of work equipment and systems of work that are safe and reduce risk to an acceptable level.
- The control of risks to health and safety in connection with the use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances.
- The provision of such information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to ensure the health and safety at work of all employees.
- The maintenance of any place of work under P P O’CONNOR control in a condition that is safe and without risks to health & safety.
- The provision and maintenance of a working environment that is safe, without risks to health, and adequate as regards facilities and arrangements for the welfare of our employees at work.
- Those persons not in our employment who may be affected are not exposed to risks to their health and safety.
- An environment in which everyone can carry out their work tasks without fear of intimidation, harassment, violence or undue stress.
- An organisation structure that allows for this Health & Safety Policy to be implemented in full and updated as appropriate.
- That our management team afford health and safety matters equal priority to other management functions.
- Regularly inspection, monitoring and auditing of systems and procedures to enable continuous improvement.
- The co-operation of all employees in the implementation of this policy.
P P O’CONNOR’s Health and Safety objective is to assess all significant risks to its employees, visitors and contractors and to develop and implement proactive measures aimed at eliminating those risks, or at least reducing them so far as is reasonably practicable.
For and on behalf of P.P. O’Connor Ltd
It is PPO’Connor’s intention to demonstrate an ongoing and determined commitment to maintaining a quality management system that is independently verified and certified as compliant with the requirements of ISO 9001.
PPO’Connor is committed to delivering a high quality service to its customers and to establish processes necessary to deliver results to our customers in terms of service delivery and customer satisfaction and comply with legal requirements.
In particular the company shall:
- Establish and set quality objectives and targets and closely monitor their implementation
- Involve employees to be proactive in suggesting improvement to the processes, procedures and related documentation
- Improve individual performance through training and staff development
- Reduce corrective action and rework by being right first time
- Provide sufficient financial and physical resources to enable this policy to function effectively
- Encourage a commitment amongst all employees and suppliers to provide the service delivery and workmanship required by our customers
- Conduct regular internal audits and management reviews
- Seek feedback on performance from our customers, supply chain and employees
- Ensure this policy is reviewed on an annual basis and communicated to all employees
- Ensure this policy is available to stakeholders, clients and enforcing authorities
The Managing Director has the ultimate responsibility for the effective operation of the Quality Management System and is assisted by the Quality Manager. It is the responsibility of all employees to work to this policy under their collective and individual responsibilities.
Signed: Peter O’Connor
Date: May 2014